Setting up weight and dimension in Shopify
How do you set up weight and dimension units in Shopify products?
If you are thinking of using the calculated shipping profile, you'll need to have attributes such as weight and dimensions on your Shopify product.
If you're wondering how to do that, do not worry; we've covered for you. Here's how:
- Go to settings from your Shopify admin and find "Custom data":
- Under the "Metafields" section, you will see the "Products" and "Variants" options. [You need to set up values in both product and variation levels.]
- Click on "Products" and then "Add definition".
- Create the definition for "width", "height", and "length", respectively. Also, " Select type" as "Dimensions":
- If you have variations in your Shopify products, please add definitions for your Variants.
- Create the definition for width, height, and length, respectively, in variants as well.
- It should look like this after you create the definitions in both product and variant levels.
Now, go to each product on Shopify and look for the section at the bottom where you can add those values (weight, height , width & length).
[Note: Length must always be higher than other attributes. These attributes must be added to each product.]
Etsy only supports listing level attributes (weight, dimension), while you can have that same information in variation settings on Shopify. To handle such cases, our app will send the largest value available from your store's data to make it compatible with Etsy's system!
That's it! If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team. Happy selling!