Setting up weight and dimension in Shopify
How do you set up weight and dimension units in Shopify products?
If you are thinking of using calculated shipping profile, you'll need to have attributes such as weight and dimensions on your product.
If you're wondering how to do that, do not worry; we've covered for you. Here's how:
- Go to settings from your Shopify admin.
- Click on "Metafields" from the options available on the left-hand side of the screen.
- You will see the "Products" and "Variants" options.
[You need to set up values in both product and variation levels.]
- Click on "Products" and then "Add definition".
- Create the definition for width, height, and length, respectively.
- Add definitions for variants as well.
- Create the definition for width, height, and length, respectively, in variants as well.
- It should look like this after you create the definitions in both product and variant levels.
- Go to each product and look for the section where you can add those values (weight, dimensions).
[Note: Length must always be higher than other attributes. These attributes must be added to each product]
- You have to add them in each variation if you have them in your products.
[Click on edit option on variations]
Etsy only supports listing level attributes (weight, dimension), while you can have that same information in variation settings on Shopify. To handle such cases, our app will send the largest value available from your store's data to make it compatible with Etsy's system!