How do you set up weight and dimension units in Shopify product?
If you are thinking of using calculated shipping profile, you'll need to have attributes such as weight and dimensions on your product.
If you're wondering how you can do that, do not worry, we've got you covered. Here's how:
- Go to settings from your Shopify admin.
- Click on "Metafields" from the options available on the left hand side of the screen.
- You willsee the "Products", and "Variants" options.
[You need to set up values in both product and variation levels.]
- Click on "Products" and then "Add definition".
- Create the definition for width, height, and length respectively.
- Add definitions for variants as well.
- Create the definition for width, height, and length respectively in variants as well.
- It should look something like this after you created the definitions in both product and variant levels.
- Go to each of your products and look for the section where you can add those values (weight, dimensions).
[Note: Length must be always higher than other attributes. These attributes must be added on each product]
- You have to add them in each variations as well if you have them in your products.
[Click on edit option on variations]
Etsy only supports listing level attributes (weight, dimension) while you can have that same information in variation settings on Shopify. To handle such cases, our app will send the largest value available from your store's data to make it compatible with Etsy's system!